Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1 1/2 hour bike, 20 min run

I had to spend a little extra time out on the bike today. I just rebuilt my Specialized Tarmac road bike and I'm rediscovering how much I love it. After a summer riding nothing but my tri bike and the occasional mountainbike outing, sitting on my road bike is like sitting on the couch eating a bag of chips. I forgot how comfy this damn thing is! I can't wait to put in some 6 hour rides this winter on it! Kinda like meeting up with an old friend.

The bike included some impromptu sprints-generally when I had to get out of the way of the idiotic drivers here on Long Island. The never cease to amaze me.

The 20 mins I spent running was actually 25, done with one of my favorite clients. We did some slow running, but I pushed the pace with him a bit at times and ended the run with an all out half mile.

I probably did a bit more today than my coach wanted me to, but I couldn't help it. I love this triathlon stuff. I've been training at this point for almost an entire year and mentally I still get excited every day for training. It's time to take a break and I know my body needs it. It'll be nice to finsish with a strong race this Sunday, kick back for a couple weeks, and then start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment