Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mighty Hamptons Race Report

I'm not going to go into much detail today. The whole thing can be summed up in just a few of sentences. First, I was super flat today. I didn't have much in the tank. In fact, I was actually sleepy when I got to the race site. I've been a wreck all week emotionally and I think it took a bit of a toll today. I'm not making excuses, but just sayin....

Secondly, it's SUPER OBVIOUS that I desperately need to work on my swim. In a race that's as short as an olympic distance race, the swim can really make or break you. I didn't get beaten by better cyclists or runners today, I got beaten by guys that can swim better than I could. I can no doubt hang with ANY of the guys that beat me today cycling or running, but when it comes to swimming, I'm out of my league.

I'm excited though because throughout every race that I've done this year, I've learned so much. I can take away positive things from each and EVERY race, and I feel that is a huge thing. I've gotten better and faster and there's no doubt that I've only touched the beginning of my potential. I have talen and I have work ethic. I even have time on my side so if I continue to work and do the right things, I'll get to where I want to be.

I'm looking forward to continuing to go hard for these last few weeks of the season and then enjoy a bit of a break before I get back to business. This winter will be a focus on swimming and base training. I need to get my aerobic engine tuned, and I need to work that swim. I feel with those two things I can take a step up to another level.

No comments:

Post a Comment