Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1+hour continuous swim

Had a great "big swim day". Decided to forgo the many drills that have made my swimming kinda boring after the last few months and just swim. I'd say the best part about today was that it was just so damned easy! Doing drills is tough, especially when all you do is drills. The only real swimming I'd done these past couple months has been the intervals my swim coach has me do. Otherwise it's nothin' but drills, drills, and more drills!

I'm not sure how many yards I did because I lost count after the first 1000. Either way, it doesn't matter. I felt strong and efficient in the water and was actually disappointed to get out of the pool. Today I feel like I could have swum forever, if I'd only had that much time. I'm hoping tomorrow will be more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment