Friday, December 18, 2009

Bike 2 hours

I wanted to get in as much riding as possible today since we have a "major snowstorm" headed out way with a "blizzard warning" as well. I put those two in quotes because you can only trust the weatherman so much. Anyway, the bike was all MAF and felt awesome. I really love riding, regardless of the temps. As long as you dress right, you're all good.

Average HR was 138 and average speed was "who the hell cares". I really could give a damn right now about how fast or how far I travel. The main point of this part of the season (especially with my running injury) is to make myself an aerobic animal. I neglected base last season and I think it hurt me. This year I'm buying into MAF whole heartedly and am being patient while it all happens.

This weekend will be interesting. Being that it's a rest week, it's easy to begin with. However, given that I'm hurt and there's a major possibility of snowfall, I'm going to try and spend as much time off my feet as possible. Maybe a swim tomorrow and chilling out with a good book in front of the fireplace all day on Sunday, followed by another rest day on Monday. I'm thinking this will really put the stamp on any discomfort I'm feeling with the foot. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment