Thursday, December 17, 2009

Foot Still Feelin' Good

After losing a little mental focus last night-I ran the length of my street (about 0.1 mi) to test my foot, I realized that it still needs some rest. It's not any worse, and it's feeling good, but I need to be careful. This is the most delicate time, I believe in the recovery process. It feels good enough to walk on, and almost good enough to run on, but doing so would be disasterous.

I was given a strassburg sock by a friend to try out for the night and it worked wonders. I also rolled the hell out of my calf with my stick, foam roller, and TP Massage stuff. There is a giant not in it, and this (as Lucho pointed out) may be part of the reason for the bad plantart fasciatis (sp) that I have.

After a night with the sock on, I woke up to absolutely no tightness in the foot. Every morning has been a struggle for me in this regard and to have it feel normal once again is such a mental boost! We'll see how it goes. I have a swim to do later today, a Bike ride tomorrow, and a bike ride on Sunday. I'm planning to get out on the bike early Saturday so that I'll be done by 9am. Then, I'll take the rest of Saturday off, Sunday off (with perhaps a light swim in the morning), and Monday completely off again. My thinking is that by giving the foot almost 72 hours without sress, coupled with the rehab I've been doing (i.e. massage, etc.), I'll be just about good as new by early next week and perhaps begin jogging lightly on Tuesday morning. This would be ideal if it were to go all according to plan, but like Mike Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." This injury has been my punch in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment