Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2 Hours of biking-not consecutive though...

Got up early and went for a bike ride today. Managed about 1 hour and 10 minutes before my hands were to cold to feel the handlebars. The weather here today is about 20 with a wind chill in the negatives. Fuckin' cold! (excuse my French)

In the afternoon I dressed even warmer and managed another hour before I, through 3 pairs of gloves, could again, not feel the handlebars.

Days like this are what I love about riding and training. It really is fun to test not only your limits of fitness, but also your pain tolerance for training in inclimate weather. The "perfect" days to me are too easy. I get motivated for them, but something about being in the elements makes it even easier to get out the door. Maybe I have a deathwish.

Interestingly, I've found that the shoes that I believe caused my injury in the first place, actually make it feel better. I wore my old Newtons around for the afternoon and felt absolutely no pain in my foot. I could even jog a little in them without feeling bad. Now, I'm not gonna go all crazy and try running in them again after I'm healed, but I just find it interesting that I temporarily can't run in anything else for the moment...I smell a conspiracy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment