Thursday, December 3, 2009

Swim Lesson

Had my first meeting with my new swim coach today. It's great how much I actually knew about proper swimming. I guess it's always nice to have your learning reaffirmed by an expert. Also, it was wonderful having knowledgable eyes watching me from above and below the water. Generally we learned that I have a lot of funny little quirks that keep my stroke from being as efficient as it could be. The good news, though, is that there is a lot of improvement that I've made on my own. I attribute this mostly to Lucho and his suggesstion of doing only swim drills for an entire month. That, coupled with reading about swimming and watching great swimmers swim on YouTube really helped. Now it's time to iron out the wrinkles and I really believe I'm going to be able to do that with this coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment