Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bike 3 Hours

Had a pretty good bike session with Adam today. Base effort for 3 hours with a hell of a lot of climbing. My fancy-pants new bike computor's altimiter wasn't working today (had us below sealevel most of the time) so I can't be certain of the exact amount, but if I had to guess it would be in the 6-7k range. There isn't a ton of long climbing on Long Island, but we hit every hard climb in the area. A lot are upwards of 15% grades.
I'm in an ok place right now with my training. I'm unhappy because I can't run, but swimming and cycling more bring me joy. I was reading "How Lance Does It" again last night and focused a lot on a part that describes Lance's outlook. He is aware of the negatives, but doesn't focus on them. Its important to push through adversity and maintain a positive attitude always. I'm not the best at doing this yet, but I'm going to make it a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment