Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Run 1 hour

Pretty productive day thusfar. I got my run in pretty early this morning, which I've gotten in the habit of doing. A lot of the people I work with have kids and, provided they exercise, get it done at insane hours of the morning. I always thought I would never be able to be a "morning workout person", but given my current relationship situation (single as a dollar bill), I'm able to get in bed by 8:30pm and up by 4:30am. This way, I might have and early client, but most days I can get in a training session by 7 or 8 the latest. I've found that I'm very fond especially of running in the early morning hours. It's great to see the wheels starting to turn and people getting out of their beds and into their work modes. Not to mention seeing the sun rise everymorning is very fullfilling.

Run today was all MAF. Nothing special, just an hour. My foot is still a bit sore, but I figured out that it's definately a soft tissue issue (haha, didn't mean for that to rhyme!). I broke out my TP Massage kit last night and rolled out my foot with the "footballer" tool that they have. It hurt like hell but soon enough the pain started to subside. It still hurts to land on it, and I had some wincing moments on my run, but all in all it's doable. I have another 75 minute run planned for tomorrow, so we'll see how it feels then. If it's still too tender to run, I'll swap tomorrow's workout for Thursday's swim and bike sessions, then make up the run on Thursday. The extra rest may do me good. Also, I'm glad I ran early this morning because it'll give me a full 24 hours before my next run. It's like having a complete "rest day" in between sessions.

I was suppossed to swim as well today but have decided not to. In all honesty I don't feel like swimming today, and would rather rest. Also, I just hired a swim coach that I meet with on Thursday. I'd like to go in to our first meeting as fresh as possible. I've noticed that the more I swim lately, the more bad habits creep in. I think a couple days out of the water won't kill me before she gets a hold of me! :)

I'm very excited to work with a coach for swimming. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to afford her, but it'll be nice to be able to get at least some work in with someone who actually knows what they're doing. If I'm gonna take this to the next level I'm gonna have to learn how to really swim.

2 comments:

  1. Keep an eye on that foot. If it doesn't get better with some rest (and no, rest does not equal running an hour) you might want to get an MRI. It sounds a bit like a navicular stress fracture to me and you don't want to run on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I'm gonna hang it up for a few days. No need to get hurt in freakin' November!!! As always, you're right!:)

    ReplyDelete