Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Up early to...

I'm up early to do... basically nothing. My foot is feeling very good these past days, but not ready to run yet. I did one of my little test jogs, and while very promising, I did get a bit of soreness in the bottom of the foot. I'm a little frustrated by this as it seems to be taking forever for it to heal. The good news, though, is that it IS getting better and it's almost healed. This time a couple of weeks ago, all I could do is limp around in the morning until it loosend up.

As I've said a million times before, the hardest part of all this has been the mental aspect. I feel like I've lost all my fitness, I'm fat, etc. In truth, this is probably the best thing that could've happened. My motivation was to high following my season and all I wanted to do was train. This level can't possibly be maintained all season, and surely I would have burned out (probably right before my first race of the season). This will leave me even more motivated to get back into serious training in the New Year, and my body and mind will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment