Friday, December 4, 2009

Car Fire, Bike 1:20

Had a bit of an emergency today. Apparently when cars catch on fire, they tend to get very hot and aquire quite a bit of attention to put them out. The good 'ole kitchen fire extinguiser just don't cut it!
So I'm having a pretty good Friday. Saw some clients early, took care of a couple errands, and was really looking forward to taking a nice little mid day nap, getting on the bike for a couple hours, and heading over to the pool for a late afternoon swim. That was of course until my car decided to go up in flames.
A little background: I have (or had) a 2003 Ford Taurus. Nothing special, but it was nice for me. Leather seats, automatic start, 6 disc CD player, etc. Nice car. Probably too nice for me. I'm definately not a car guy and could definately care less what I drive. If it wasn't for the fact that I see a lot of clients at their homes, I wouldn't even bother having a car. Anyway, the car hasn't been started in a while as I've been using my father's old Jeep for the last few months. I advise you NOT to do this if you have a car laying around. So, I jumpstarted the car and it was left to run on its own for a bit to recharge the battery. The next thing I know, the car is up in flames, the tires are exploding, and I'm calling 911 from the house phone. Also, I'm running around trying to move other cars out of the driveway before they get caught up in the flames as well. It was bad enough losing one car and I'm definately not going to let the other two in the driveway go up too!
The rest of the story is kind of anticlimactic. The firetrucks came, the police report was filled out, and I spent much of the afternoon on the phone with insurance people.
After all the excitement was over, I managed to get in about an hour and twenty minutes on the bike. It was nice to get in some kind of training after all the stress of car fires and whatnot, The swim wasn't going to happen today, so I'll just fit it in tomorrow. This not-running crap is really getting on my nerves. It's like someone's cut the legs right out from underneath me.
Anyway, it was an eventful day and I'm just happy that the damage was confined to just my poor old car. Ah, we had such great memories together...
Oh, and I almost forgot!!! The best part of this whole thing was the that I was able to take a video of the entire thing! It should be attatched. Feel free to fast forward through it. It gets kinda exciting when the firemen show up! Also, I've attatched some "after" pics as well as a cool bamboo forest I found on my ride today. Enjoy!

Ok, so I'm having trouble with the "after" pictures and the bamboo forest uploading. I'll attatch those pics to my post tomorrow! Sorry to keep you in suspense!

No comments:

Post a Comment