Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time to Stop and Think

I ran yesterday when I probably shouldn't have. My foot is still tender, and because of that, I woke up again with a sore calf. This constant circle of injuty and hurt isn't going to stop unless I stop. I need to rest. I need to take care of myself and actually realize that 1 week of rest is better than 1 month or more of a layoff because of a real injury. I'm walking a fine line between just being sore and really hurting myself. It's time for a bit of a gut check here. I'm not superman and I'm not impervious to injury. This post is more of a reminder to myself than anything.

I'm not going to run again until everything is better. This is not the time of year to get injured. Not to mention, I can still bike and swim without a problem. Maybe I should work on my swim a bit more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment