Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bike 1:55

Rode all base today for about 2 hours. Had a really fun time and I love riding the road bike. HR average was about 138. Riding so much has really kept me sane while I deal with my foot injury. It's right on the brink of getting better, and I think after this week of reduced volume in all sports, I'll have a completely healed foot heading into the new year.

I loosely put the date of January 1st as my comeback date, but I'd like to thing that it'll be ready before than. Either way, I want it to be absolutely pain free for at least 5 days before I run. I put on a clunky pair of old trainers today and jogged around my living room without pain. The added support will help keep things good when I start up again. Lucho also gave me some good suggestions on stretching the calf and doing some deep tissue massage. He hit the nail right on the head when he said there may be a knot in the calf. I hadn't realized it, but after massaging the calf I found it right away.

I always thought I was indestructable, and I'm amazed at how quickly I deteriorated with just a couple little injuries. I'll have to remember in the future to be wary of any little "niggles" that come up. Had I dont that I may not be in the situation I currently find myself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment