Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feeling great today!

I woke up to the smallest amount of pain I've had in the foot in about a week. Exactly a week ago, I woke up feeling the same way and went for a run-the last for a week. In all reality, I probably set my own recovery back by a week in doing that run. So today, I'm going the smart route. The foot feels pretty good, but I'm promising myself not to take ONE stride! Not one! I'm going to continue to rest the foot for at least another week, and then, only if it feels 100%, will I go for a short jog. My major goal is to be fresh and healthy in the new year. Honestly, all I want for Christmas is to go for a run!

On another note I'm concerned that there's a crack in the frame of my road bike. I know it's small peanuts, and the frame is totally covered by warranty for life (thanks Trek!), but I just hate not knowing for sure. It serisously gives me anxiety and I had a hard time falling asleep last night because of it! I'm nuts...I know.

Oh, and before I forget, I think one of the major reasons my foot feels better is because of these "toe sretcher" things I wore to bed last night. The pain has been mostly on the outside of my foot, in the soft tissue between the heel and the bone on he outside of the foot(that little knobby one on the outside). It's helped to "roll" that side of the foot using some of the TP Massage suff and a foam roller, but nothing's been a cure. So I wore these things (I think they're also called "YogaToes") to bed and woke up feeling prettygood. I did have to take them off midway through the night though as they were hurting the little toes on both feet. Anyway, give them a try if you have any of the same issues I do. I think you can get them at the pharmacy for under $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment