Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Swim 30 mins

Just an easy swim session today. My coach Kerri killed me yesterday with the butterfly, so I decided to chillax a bit today. Mainly focused on technique and a little bit of sprinting. I slammed the heel of my bad foot on the pool deck when doing a flip turn, so apparently even swimming can be dangerous! Luckily though, it's not in the same spot at the injury so I'm not worried. It's just a bit bruised.

I think I'm totally buying into resting for the rest of this month and resuming regular training (hopefully) in the beginning of January. I think this is needed and more important than training right now. If I'm not healthy now, there's no way I'm gonna be healthy when the season actually starts!

Also, for whatever it's worth, I'm thinking of expanding my horizons a bit this season and throwing in some single sport events. There's a big open water race I'd like to try (3 miles I believe), as well as some cycling races I'd like to take part in. Road racing never really appealed to me, but since riding a lot this season and up until my foot took me out, I've realized I have some talent on the bike. Then, after IM Louisville, I wanna try out racing some cyclocross. I planned on doing it this year, but I jumped into a late season Half Ironman and missed out on the start of the local series. Either way, it looks like a ton of fun! And then, maybe, just maybe, I'll do some mountain bike races. Something about long distance on a singlespeed sounds appealing to me! Anyway, all this stuff is waaay off, but nonetheless exciting to think about.

We'll see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment